We want to share some of our auditioning tips with you. To help you feel relaxed and calm for choir auditions!
Here are a few tips for auditioning in a choir that should take away your nerves! And settle you down to sing your heart out!
- Make sure you know the correct time and location for your audition. Leave yourself enough time to arrive early.
- Ask whether you will need to prepare a piece in advance. Or whether you will be required to sight-read during your audition.
- Knowing what you will be singing at your audition is always going to ease your nerves. So it’s a good idea to find out this information as soon as possible.
- Go directly to the waiting area until you are called for your audition and don’t wander around.
- The person in charge of the auditions won’t be very happy if you interrupt someone else’s audition, simply because you didn’t pay attention to directions.
- Always be polite and professional with everyone at the audition, including other singers who are also auditioning on the same day.
- Don’t be nervous if the organisers videotape your audition or take photos. Not everyone records auditions in this way, but it does help some judges to decide between different singers.
- Intonation and the ability to hold a harmony against a melody are extremely important for singing in a choir. Hence, practice these repeatedly before you attend your audition.
- It’s quite normal to wait a few days for the result of your audition, particularly if the auditions flow over a number of days.
We hope you find these tips for auditioning in a choir useful.